The following accredited APAO International Training Centers will provide quality clinical training for APAO International Fellows:
- Beijing Tongren Eye Center
- C-MER (Shenzhen) Dennis Lam Eye Hospital (Clinical)
- Zhongshan Ophthalmic Center (Basic Science)
- Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Department of Ophthalmology, University of Hong Kong
The Training Centers listed above offer different kinds of support to APAO Fellows. Information will be uploaded in due course.
Interested eye institutes should note the following requirements when they apply for becoming an accredited APAO International Training Center:
- The training center should be committed to ophthalmic training and/or research.
- Training centers for clinical training should be reputable with adequate trainers, training facilities, case load and case mix. Fellows are taught practical ophthalmological skills and should be encouraged to work directly with patients.
- The training center should provide complimentary training to fellows without charging any training fees.
- The training center is encouraged to provide local hospitality for fellows. This may include:
- Complimentary and convenient accommodation;
- Transfer from airport to the training center;
- Registration to the annual ophthalmology meeting of the local member society of APAO.
Eligible training centers can download the application form here. Please return a duly completed application form to email@example.com. Applications will be assessed by the APAO Fellowship Standing Committee. The decision of the APAO Fellowship Standing Committee is final. Rejected training centers can submit an application again 3 years after the date of rejection.
Instead of creating new vacancies for APAO International Fellows or organizing a distinct and separate APAO International Fellowship, training centers can stipulate that an existing fellowship occupied by an APAO International Fellow becomes an APAO International Fellowship for a particular year.
The support of the APAO International Training Centers will be acknowledged with a naming right to the respective program.